Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ball of confusion

I'm doing the usual thing listening to music and scouring the Internet while the wife watches Sister Act II and studies for finals. I have a lot of soul music keyed up. That's what I've been in the mood for. The O'jays, The Delfonics, James Carr, Solomon Burke and what pops up, Ball of Confusion by the Temptations. Literally seconds before the nuns sing it in the movie.

Here are some songs that are getting me through lately.

Backstabbers The O'Jays.
Papa was a rolling stone, The Temptations
A whole lot of James Carr who has one of the best soul voices I've ever heard but the highlights include, The Dark End of the Street, Pouring Water on a Drowning Man and You've got my mind messed up.

Cry To Me, Solomon Burke

Across 110 Street by Bobby Womack

I am now watching the Sister Act II scene. And the circle is complete

No comments: