Saturday, February 21, 2009

For BSG fans only

Last night when Baltar had his little problem I had a vision during the episode. It was Baltar grabbing a bunch of guns in secret and Adama catching him.
It went something like this:

Int. Galactica Weapons Storage locker. Baltar is grabbing a heap load of guns and ammunition while singing "Whistle While You Work." Adama walks in and they look at each other sideways.

BALTAR
Hi

ADAMA
Yo

(Adama turns to leave.)

BALTAR
Hey, wait a minute aren't you going to say something?

ADAMA
'Bout what?

BALTAR
I'm stealing guns!

ADAMA
Yeah, but the great thing about this show is if you kill anyone important we can retroactively make them a cylon and bring them back.

BALTAR
(Scooby voice)
ARROH?

ADAMA
I mean how long have we been on this wacky ship? 20 - 30 years. I just want to spend my days drinking hard liquor, reading poetry, sleeping with the president of the colonies and crying manly cries with my second in command.

BALTAR
But, but you can't trust me with a bunch of guns. I'm Gaius Baltar the betrayer of humanity. I'm responsible for the total annihilation of the colonies. I made a fake cylon detector that left us all in incredible danger and got you shot. I was the worst president in this or any other reality (well, maybe). Every time you ever handed me anything I turned it into a weapon and stabbed you in the back with it. Granted, lately I haven't done much beside lead a cult of mindless sycophants but I'm a very,very bad man.

ADAMA
Look, do you want the guns or not?

BALTAR
Yes, please.

ADAMA
Well, there you go.
(ADAMA walks out whistling "High Hopes.")

And that my friends would be less ridiculous than what happened last night when Baltar convinced ADAMA, ROSLIN and ADAMA Jr. to hand him and his clan a bunch of guns. That was the first misstep this season but boy was it a doozy.

On the other hand I loved Tigh's speech about not wanting to say he loved someone. Powerful, powerful stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So yeah. Great move there, Bill. Also, why did the mini-toaster die when mommy thought daddy didn't love her any more? No wonder they can't reproduce.