Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Of good guys and bad

I really liked Appaloosa. It's way better than that horrid remake of 3:10 to Yuma at least. However, it suffers from one of the things that drive me crazy in movies, where the hero has the villian at his mercy and doesn't kill him even though you know that villian is gonna come right back and start more trouble. There are a couple of moments like that in the movie. It's made even worse because Jeremy Irons plays a great villian that you really really want to kill. It gets even worse for me when a judge orders Irons to be hanged and the deputies take him somewhere else to hang him. Which of course (spoiler) gives him a chance to escape. 

I mean, come on, he's got a death sentence. Just shoot him in the head already. 

I complain too much. This is a great movie that I really liked despite that flaw. 7 thumbs up. 

* The previous headline on this post (Just Shoot him Already) was a little bit of problem given that it followed a bunch of pictures of the President. Oh well. Live and Learn.



I haven't read the book but hey it's probably alright.



No comments: