Friday, January 2, 2009

The New Year

2008 sucked. Onward and upward.

Resolutions:

To lose 50 pounds

To pay off the credit cards and save $5,000.

To finish the script and the book.

To start the comic book company.

In the last year I have had some successes. I finished a script for Burn Notice and sent it off to the Walt Disney fellowship. I got rejected but felt great because I had finished something. The script is still here and is what J Michael Staczinski calls an evergreen. Meaning, while it is of little use to me now it may be useful in the future.

I paid off some of my debt. We've got three big debts and some smaller ones. We're paying on one regularly and two others when we can. We have a small emergency account that needs to grow. This is the one area of my life that I really care about the most. I read this blog http://getrichslowly.org/blog/, a lot. I don't know if it helps, but at least it gives me ideas now and then.

The Comic Book Company: It's been a dream since I was a child. I have several comic scripts written. The problem is artists seem to want to be paid for their work. Imagine that. Anyway, if the finances get straightened out completely then I will take a hard look at hiring an artist.

The movie script is in decent shape but still needs work. The novel has 10,000 words. Now I only need 70,000 more.

How about you? Any plans for 2009?

No comments: