Saturday, December 6, 2008

David is always right




I went to middle school with this guy named David. And then I went to high school with him. And then we were roommates in college. The thing you need to know about David is that he is always right.
Well, at least about television shows. When we were in middle school David was a huge Star Trek nerd, and I was like, 'that's crap dude, get a life.' Except, Star Trek The Next Generation was really good. And when I finally sat down to watch it I was annoyed at how much I liked it. Later, versions of Star Trek, not so much. Star Trek movies, rarely. But TNG yeah, that's some fine, fine space opera.
Anywho, when we were in college David used to park it on the couch every week and watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel, the dark avenger, or some such. And I was like, 'dude, I am not watching something called Buffy, The Vampire Slayer. There are a very small number of girls in this college who will go out on dates with me and but they will run away in horror if they find out I'm watching something with Buffy in the title.'
Except, that when I finally did sit down to watch it I discovered that it was great. David also knows more about women than I do because after I got married I confessed that I loved Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
She was mortified.
Until I made her watch it. We ended up buying the complete series. Sometimes she sings the musical episode to me. I like to do reenactments from the silent episode. We have arguments about whether or not Season 5 of Angel is the best season of television ever.
The answer is yes, followed closely by Season 4 of Babylon 5 and any season of the Simpsons where Conan O'Brien was still on staff.

Anyway, David is always right. You may return to what you were doing.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Collector's Set (40 discs)

Angel - Seasons 1-5 30-Disc DVD Set

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete Series

No comments: