Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sean Penned

Vacation 2 Brady 0. Every time I go on vacation I get sick. Well, every time lately. The wife also gets sick. I think vacation has it in for me. Anyway, for Christmas I got a bunch of DVDs from my mother-in-law. She got them from the $2 bin at Wal-Mart.

lets start with the Sean Penns.
We got Mystic River and the Interpreter. I had seen both before, no wait, I have only seen parts of the Interpreter because it is so horrible and I keep zoning out. Mystic River on the other hand is greatness. Sean Penn is excellent in Mystic River, there is a solid supporting cast and Clint Eastwood directs.
The Interpreter, not so much.
Mystic River is a great crime story about South Boston that includes wonderful lines like when Kevin Bacon, the homicide detective, wonders how he's going to explain to his old buddy, the gangster, that his daughter has been murdered.
"God said you owed another marker, and he came to collect.''
The Interpreter, not so much.



Useless IMDB trivia for Mystic River: Dennis Lehane, author of the novel "Mystic River", can be seen waving from the back of a convertible in the parade sequence.

No comments: