Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Some Reviews

Here are some random comics sitting around the house
Add Image
New Universal Conquerer makes absolutely no sense. Please, please comic writer and artist type people when you convince Marvel Comics to let you write and draw a comic you must also stipulate that the comic make sense. Umm there's a big guy with a sword, a corrupt wizard and a victim. I don't know that I could explain any more than that. And believe it or not, I get paid to explain things.

Jonah Hex 38 - Jonah Hex is a great property, I mean sure it is essentially an amalgam of Clint Eastwood stereotypes but hey those old Clint western's rule. In this issue Jonah settles a family dispute, with, you know, rattlesnakes. It rocks.
I do kind of miss the old Tim Truman / Joe Landsdale collaboration. The mixed in horror elements. The latest series has ignored all of that in favor of straight ahead westerns. But, in each issue you get a complete story. Wonderfulness.

RASL 3: This book doesn't make any sense either. But Jeff Smith draws purty and I am convinced that one day it will all make sense. Issue two had an amazing ending. Except, that I sold issue 1 and 2 to some guy in India so I can't find the quote I'm looking for. Anyway, it's about a thief who can jump between realities. Bob Dylan seems to be involved in some way. Come on, you know that is most excellent.

That is all.

No comments: